I am excited that this year my son has the chance to participate in the Creative Development Lab offered by Bellevue College Parent Education. It’s a weekly arts enrichment program for ages 3 – 5. Kids attend every week. Parents work in the classroom 6 times a year and also attend a monthly parent education session.
Check out the video at the top of this post to see all the great activities we did in ONE DAY this fall.(If you want to try out any of the arts activities with your child at home, you can learn how on our Pinterest page: www.pinterest.com/bcparented/)
And there were even more great activities at CDL that day that the video doesn’t show!
- The kids made their own applesauce by squashing up a baked apple with a potato masher and sprinkling on cinnamon sugar.
- There was a free collage station, where they could gather their own cool materials from lots of baskets of goodies and glue them together any way they wanted to.
- There were blocks, and puzzles, and books in the center room. They also do imaginative play and circle time.
- At the end of class, they go outside for riding trikes, pulling wagons, bouncing balls, and playing in the sandbox.
- This was also parent education day, so the parents were in the other room discussing temperament with our parent educator.
I’m loving this program!
Some parents choose it because their child is an art-focused kid who just can’t get enough of the art projects they do at home. I actually choose it because I have a really outdoorsy, active boy. At home he has a hard time settling in to art projects, and I also don’t offer them as much as I should because… well, no good reason really…. I just don’t always think of it. So I love having this dedicated time in his week for him to explore art and the joy of creating things.